Monday, June 3, 2013

Tool 1: Experience To Date

Setting up the blog was easy.  I am a little troubled because the video said I would need to agree to terms and conditions, but didn't mention actually reading the terms and conditions.  As it turned out, I didn't have to click a box and agree to anything... the blog was simply created.  So that leads to: what are the terms and conditions of having a blog through Blogspot (read: Google)?  What have I agreed to?  Has anyone at SBISD taken a good look at Google's terms and conditions?

Google made the claim years ago that they would "do no evil" but I am a bit concerned we seem to have jumped on board the Google ship without examining what they are going to do with all of the information we're providing them.

.....

(I'm not entirely up for creating an Avatar even though the directions demand that I do so.)

.....

Challenges: Since websites change, YouTube videos of how to do something on a website may quickly become outdated.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to know that we have an educator who reads critically and doesn't agree to conditions without reading them! Be sure you read the Acceptable Use Policy for SBISD. You do not have to put personal information in your blog. You can concentrate on the professional application of these tools. Why don't you want to do an avatar?

    ReplyDelete